My day jobs
Since somewhere around October 2006, I’ve been freelancing in lettering, layouting and designing various print matter, often related to comic books. Before that I absolved the two semester course in Publishing and Book Market Studies at Lund University, and interned at avant-verlag for two months.
I letter comics mainly digitally, with sound effects and such by hand. Some of the books I’ve lettered:
- Desmodus der Vampir 1-4 / Joann Sfar / avant-verlag
- Aufzeichnungen für eine Kriegsgeschichte / Gipi / avant-verlag
- Ikarus / Manuele Fior / avant-verlag
- 5 Songs / Gipi / avant-verlag
- Gorazde / Joe Sacco / Epix förlag
- Olaf G. / Steffen Kverneland & Lars Fiske / avant-verlag
- Professor Bell 3 / Joann Sfar / avant-verlag
- Rampokan: Java, Rampokan: Celebes / Peter van Dongen / avant-verlag
- Blotch / Blutch /avant-verlag (I made a custom font for it)
- Das Ende der Welt / Wazem & Tirabosco / avant-verlag
I also construct custom fonts from handwriting. Here is one based on my own, and here are fonts based on the handwriting of other comic artists.
Layout and design
I also compose books and other print matter, and create graphic design for various projects. I both work out whole new concepts and realize the ideas of clients. Some examples:
- Front page for the 2006 catalogue of avant-verlag
- Concept of Swedish edition covers for several books by Joe Sacco, for Epix
- Collaboration on Musée Téléguidée, an experimental novel from Éditions Ç4.
Date of birth: 19.04.1981
Work: Freelancer in lettering, layout and design since October 2006, intern at avant-verlag in April and May 2006.
University studies: Publishing and Book Market Studies, Russian, Russia and Eastern Europe Studies, Middle East Studies, and some Romanian, Arabic and Hebrew.
Email: tinet (dot) elmgren (at) zoho (dot) com